Thursday, October 4, 2007

Geeking Around

I have been on the road a fair bit and hence lacking real data. But recently have had a chance to run into to some very cool technology in September. I have been to:

· Web 2.0 Goes to Work from IBM developerWorks in Raleigh
· VSLive (New York)
· Web 2.0 Goes to Work from IBM developerWorks in Austin
· AjaxWorld (Santa Clara)

In my travels recently I have seen some very cool Ajax technology. The two notables demos/topics:

· Work going on with openAjax Alliance with AjaxHub and being able to search for an Ajax widget and pull it into your mashup via drag and drop. While AjaxWorld was relatively quiet – this was cool. You may also see this technology at ZendCon next week and IBM Information on Demand the following week.
· I was involved with a demo that published a Web Service from the Web 2.0 Starter Toolkit for IBM DB2 and then consumed it into what is called DAMIA on IBM alphaWorks (within minutes). The DAMIA technology will soon have a revision check out the news next week. I hope to have a write up on it very soon. I will post a url when the update occurs.


I will report to soon on my next couple of weeks at ZendCon and IBM Information On Demand.

Again, if you are a IBM Data Server technology person, check out the developer Den at IOD particularly TDN 2630 Developing with pureXML: A panel discussion. Get real life experience developing with best in breed XML data management.

Check it out.

No comments: